I love helping folks plan their dream vacations. It gives me such enjoyment to make sure everything is perfect.
One of the topics we always want to discuss is whether or not they would like to purchase travel insurance. I know what you’re thinking. “Wait, you’ve just booked my dream vacation and now you want to talk about the possibility of us having to cancel?” Bummer right?
Bummer is right, but it is a necessary reality. It’s easier to deal with situations that arise if you’ve made the decision to protect your investment. Here are a few real life events we’ve dealt with for our clients:
1. You can’t get to the airport or your flight is delayed because of snow or ice.
2. You get hurt or have some other unexpected medical emergency before your trip.
3. Your house floods before your trip and you must stay home to take care of things.
4. An act of God such as a hurricane damages your destination.
5. Your luggage does not arrive when you do or not at all.
6. Job situations come up that cause you to cancel your trip.
7. Your travel provider files for bankruptcy and ceases operations.
8. While traveling you become ill and need medical attention.